You might be asking yourself these questions:
So how long does the treatment take? How long will you need to avoid the area afterward? And how long will the actual treatment take to work? This article will answer all of these questions for you!
How Long Does The Treatment Take?
When it comes to the actual spraying or removal of pests the time varies. Scott Fortna with Assassin Pest Control says “The average service takes around an hour”, but that “Some pests take multiple trips.”
- Treatment for ants, bedbugs, and other common pests: 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Rodent control: Up to 15 hours, please note, the timing may vary for rodents depending on if you require multiple trips.
- Removal of cockroach and ant infestations: 1.5 to 2 hours or more depending on the severity of the infestation.
To ensure the treatment time moves as quickly and smoothly as possible, following a preparation sheet is best. Assassin Pest Control has developed preparation guidelines based on the type of pest you might have. You can view and download the preparation sheets on our website. In order to have a successful treatment it is crucial that you follow the instructions carefully!
How Long Do You Need To Stay Away After Treatment?
How long you will need to stay away from your home depends on the treatment being used. It is best to be safe and follow what your pest control company says. Scott Fortna says “The labels suggest 6 hours. Our suggestion for if you or a family member is pregnant, there is a child under 2 years old, or for elderly people with health issues- to wait 24 hours.”
A qualified pest control service provider will walk you through what you need to do pre and post-treatment. Choosing a certified exterminator with experience and care is important when you have an infestation. Depending on your unique situation, your local pest expert will inform you of when you can safely re-enter the premises.
How Long Does It Take For The Treatment To Work?
Again, this question varies based on your unique needs and the type of pest that you are dealing with. For an estimated guideline, please see below:
- Cockroaches: two to eight weeks depending on the severity of infestation.
- Rodents: Vary based on the severity of the infestation, type of rodent, and type of bait or poison.
- When using a heat treatment, bedbugs will be destroyed in about 4 hours. Clutter and unidentified nests may prolong and require repeat visits.
- When using Aprehend (a natural biopesticide), you will see a significant knockdown in 4-7 days. Bed bugs may continue to emerge from different life cycle stages after that. Don’t be alarmed: the Aprehend barriers will keep working for up to 3 months.
When it comes to pest control services, Assassin Pest Control can help you with all of your pest problems. Don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions — peace of mind is priceless and advice is always free!