Worried about bed bugs getting into your home? They’re a dangerous pest that can wreak havoc on your home and health if you’re not careful.
Read more to learn about how they get in your house and how you can prevent that. Finally, learn how to deal with them.
How Do Bed Bugs Get into Your Home?
They will make their way into your home by hitching a ride from other infested areas or furniture. It’s possible to bring in these pests if you come into contact with infested furniture.
This could be anything from the bed in a hotel you stayed into a used couch you bought online. They can get in luggage, purses, backpacks, or other items to move from one place to another.
The Problems They Cause
Bed bugs pose a health risk for anyone living with them. Here are just some of the many problems they can cause:
- Allergic reactions to their bites, which can range from small and itchy bite marks to full-on anaphylaxis
- Skin infections from the bite, such as ecthyma or lymphangitis
- Mental health impacts such as anxiety and insomnia
How Do You Know if You Have Bed Bugs?
Having pests in your home, even in your bed, doesn’t necessarily mean that you have bed bugs. Here are some tell-tale signs:
- You wake up with itchy bite marks you didn’t have when you went to sleep.
- There are blood stains on your bedding.
- There are dark or rusty spots on your mattress, your bedding, or your walls.
- There’s a musty odour.
The only way to be sure what your pests are is to get your home professionally inspected. Schedule a complimentary pest control inspection with Assassin Pest Solution to know for sure what your problem is.
Prevention and Eradication Tips
The best way to deal with bed bugs is to ensure they never get into your home in the first place. Here are some precautions you can take if you’re worried about these pests:
- Check your mattress when you go to a hotel before you start unpacking. If there are signs of infestation, consider going to a different hotel or asking for a different room.
- Be careful about buying second-hand furniture and check it for bed bugs before bringing it into your home.
- At home, declutter your living and sleeping spaces to reduce bed bug hiding places.
If you do find bed bugs in your house, follow these tips to minimize their impact and remove them from your house:
- Thoroughly clean your bedding regularly.
- Sleep in the same bed every night to minimize spread.
- Use bed bug covers on the infested mattress.
Of course, the only way to completely rid yourself of the infestation is to hire a qualified pest control expert. They will be able to provide you with advice on treatment options and give you advice on how to proceed.
Bed bugs can upturn your life, and they can be very difficult to evict from your home on your own. To ensure you get rid of them all and return your home to a safe space for everyone, hire an expert from a reputable company.