When it comes to pests, food processing facilities can create the ideal environment for a pest infestation. Whether you own a restaurant, processing facility, or grocery store, regular commercial pest control is important is necessary.
Establish an Inhospitable Environment
There are numerous steps you can take to prevent an infestation. When it comes to the interior of your business, the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) recommends:
- Make sure kitchens and break rooms are kept clean by sweeping crumbs, cleaning spills, and wiping down countertops.
- Be sure to vacuum and clean all areas of your facility regularly.
- Check machinery and under sinks for moisture, and repair leaks and clogged drains.
- All food should be stored in sealed containers
- Schedule regular inspections with a qualified pest control company. Experts will help you identify any potential vulnerabilities and control issues using Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
When it comes to the exterior of your business, the NMPA recommends:
- Trash should be kept in sealed containers when inside the building and removed regularly. Dumpsters should be placed far away from entry points.
- The exterior of the building should be inspected regularly to ensure there are no entry points. Seal any gaps or cracks that you notice.
- Door sweeps should be installed to seal any gaps between the door and the floor.
- Keep the landscape and parking lots surrounding the building maintained and clear of debris, garbage and overgrown vegetation.
Integrated Pest Management
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a program that identifies pests, communicates, educates, and uses a variety of techniques to create successful pest management.
Each business is different, and so is what their pest control program may require. Depending on your needs, a qualified exterminator will develop a customized solution.
Pest experts will identify:
- If there is a pest problem
- What exactly the pest might be
- How to effectively manage the situation
You will receive service documentation for current work and prevention measures to follow. Having documentation with schedules and steps to avoid future infestations is a wise idea even if there is no current problem.
Comprehensive Pest Removal
If you find yourself in a situation where you suspect an infestation, contact, contact Assassin Pest Control Services. Our technicians make sure there is no chance for pests to survive at your business. With over 30 years of combined experience, we will provide you with Integrated Pest Management and coordinate with you to avoid any delays.
We hope that you have enjoyed this article and now have a better understanding of commercial pest control. There are steps that you can take at your facility to ensure that the interior and exterior are kept maintained, clean, and pest free. Having an IPM program customized to meet your unique needs is extremely important for every facility.